mom and baby

Many unwed mothers in paternity actions seek lying-in expenses from the putative father.  These expenses are related to the birth of the child.  A.C.A. 9-10-110 states that the court shall enter a judgment for lying-in expenses if they are being claimed by the mother.  However, the case below points out that the trial court may exercise its discretion in how much is to be awarded and that the financial means of the mother may be taken into account.

Freshour v. Abney, CA-06-80 (Ark. Ct. App. Jan. 17, 2007)

Things are about to get better. Call us.

(479) 434-2414 Fort Smith • (479) 802-6560 NWA

In the River Valley:
502 Garrison Avenue
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: (479) 434-2414
Fax: (479) 434-2415

Law Pay

In Northwest Arkansas:
1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 210
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: (479) 802-6560
Fax: (479) 802-6561

Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00

(Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm)