scanning credit card

Yes, that's correct. Noncustodial parent is disabled and receives SSDI. His children also receive SSDI payments due to his disability. These payments go directly from the Social Security Administration to the custodial parent for the benefit of the children. The Supreme Court of Arkansas has determined that these payments are to be considered income to the noncustodial parent for purposes of determining a net income for child support purposes.

Here's the link...
Arkansas Child Support Enforcement v. Jason Hearst

Watch Our New Video Series

Coffee with Counsel

Things are about to get better. Call us.

(479) 434-2414 Fort Smith • (479) 802-6560 NWA

Get Updates & More Stories Like Yours

Sign Up

In the River Valley:
502 Garrison Avenue
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: (479) 434-2414
Fax: (479) 434-2415

Facebook Twitter Google Mail LinkedIn Yelp YouTube Instagram

Law Pay

In Northwest Arkansas:
1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 210
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: (479) 802-6560
Fax: (479) 802-6561

Facebook Twitter Google Mail LinkedIn Yelp YouTube Instagram

Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00

(Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm)