stretched railway

In a nutshell, if you consistently deny the noncustodial parent his/her visitation, and then you move halfway across the country with the children without permission of the court, don't be surprised if you lose custody of your children.

Note: An interesting fact in earlier proceedings between these parties early in this opinion. Note that the trial judge in 2004 found the mother in contempt for failing to comply with court ordered visitation. The punishment? Community service! First time I've seen that one in a domestic case. Maybe not a bad idea.

Here's the link...
Harris v. Harris

Watch Our New Video Series

Coffee with Counsel

Things are about to get better. Call us.

(479) 434-2414 Fort Smith • (479) 802-6560 NWA

Get Updates & More Stories Like Yours

Sign Up

In the River Valley:
502 Garrison Avenue
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: (479) 434-2414
Fax: (479) 434-2415

Law Pay

In Northwest Arkansas:
1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 210
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: (479) 802-6560
Fax: (479) 802-6561

Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00

(Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm)