person at laptop with coffee

Turns out the answer may be "yes" according to the Wall Street Journal.  It may be possible to increase your social security benefits based on your ex spouse's income.

Before you get too excited, there are some requirements you have to meet.  First, your marriage had to have been more than 10 years in length.  Second, you have to currently be single, unless you got married after you turned 60 years of age.

There are likely other requirements as well so its best to go straight to the horse's mouth on this one.  Click here for a link to the Social Security website for more information.

Also, here's a link to the Wall Street Journal article.

Watch Our New Video Series

Things are about to get better. Call us.

(479) 434-2414 Fort Smith • (479) 802-6560 NWA

In the River Valley:
502 Garrison Avenue
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: (479) 434-2414
Fax: (479) 434-2415

Law Pay

In Northwest Arkansas:
1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 210
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: (479) 802-6560
Fax: (479) 802-6561

Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00

(Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm)